Bøverbru is located around 10 km south of Raufoss and is home to a population of 700 people. The community grew up around the Bøverbru train station, which opened in 1902 on the Skreia line. The same year Bøverbru became an official postal address.
Bridge across the river Bøvra
The old road between Heksumhøgda and Aas church encountered a natural obstacle at its lowest point: the river Bøvra, just where it flows out of Bergsjøene lakes and runs south to join the river Lenaelva. A bridge was clearly needed, and a registration document from the 18th century refers to the bridge. At the time, a bridge was all there was. Agriculture provided the only means of livelihood, and there were no opportunities for a settlement by the bridge.
According to the 1900 census, there were only 10 occupied properties in what we can loosely refer to as the centre of Bøverbru. In the first part of the 20th century the main sources of growth in Bøverbru were the quarry and the calcination plant.
Welcome to friendly Bøverbru!